Healthy Eating For Life
Judy Simon MS, RDN, CD, CHES specializes in nutrition counseling for individuals, couples and families. Judy provides evidence-based nutrition counseling in eating disorders, reproductive nutrition (fertility), and weight management. She is recognized nationally as an expert of nutrition and fertility.
Judy offers her clients the unique experience of a non-dieting, intuitive approach to healthy eating. Many of her clients have tried traditional diets and programs and failed. Instead, Judy combines her expertise in nutrition and coaches her clients to success to lose weight, overcome eating disorders and master self-management of their health.
Judy’s professional contributions garner national attention from the nutrition and fertility fields. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics awarded Judy the Excellence in Practice in Women's Health in 2014. Additionally, in coordination with Dr. Angela Thyer, Judy developed the Food for Fertility Program (TM) in 2011. Judy presented the outcomes of the Food for Fertility program at the American Society Reproductive Medicine (2013) and the Pacific Coast Reproductive Society Annual Scientific Meeting (2015).
While currently serving as President of the Seattle Tacoma Reproductive Society (2014-2015), Judy also participates as a member coordinator of the Women's Health Dietetic Practice Group. She continues to act as the past-chair of the Nutrition sub-interest group of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
August 23rd, 2016
Mind Body Nutrition is proud to offer Food for Fertility, a group workshop focused on the needs of women struggling with infertility and excess body weight. Here are 5 things you’ll learn when you attend the Food for Fertility class
1) Learn the latest research on what foods can prepare your body for healthy conception and pregnancy. We’ll answer questions like, what foods should you be including in your fertility diet?
2) Prepare and enjoy tasty dishes every week with your classmates. Design your own Mason Jar lunches, massage kale salads and stir up a quick pot of lentil chili. You will also bring home dozens of new healthful recipes.
3) Master mindful eating techniques that will guide you to healthier eating. Practice mindfulness skills that allow you to increase your awareness of hunger and satisfaction without needing to diet or restrict food.
4) Experience fun ways to add more fitness into your day.Learn how to stretch and be fit in less time and have more time for fun. Increase your accountability for faster results.
5) Collect delicious recipes along with tips for meal planning and shopping. Tasting and preparing new recipes in class will inspire you to plan more healthful meals.
Your first visit is usually ninety-minutes. Pick a comfortable time. After your first visit, we can schedule a fifty-minute follow-up session as appropriate.
I will go into more detail about what counseling experiences you can expect. Below are my areas of expertise.
Before participating in classes, Judy first meets with patients for a 90-minute consultation. She works with patients to build an individually-designed nutrition and fitness program based on their current lifestyle, labs, weight and fertility plan in conjunction with their health care provider.
Food for Fertility’s highly interactive sessions offer participants lifestyle counseling in a supportive group setting. The classes foster skills that enable weight loss and fertility, focusing on healthy eating, meal-planning strategies, and exercise habits. We cook, taste, meal plan, and partake in light exercise. After the class, we take an optional 30 minute walk along beautiful Lake Union. The program consists of six weekly sessions on Saturday mornings; each session is 90 minutes.
Food for Fertility series sessions:
Monthly group classes are available for continued education and support for Food for Fertility graduates and new patients.
Next support group meetings are:
Join new moms, moms to be, moms with toddlers, and moms with multiples. We meet, eat, share, learn and take a 20 to 30 minute gentle walk. Babies, toddlers, pregnant moms are all welcome! Each monthly class focuses on nutrition and health topics for moms and children including recipes and healthy snacks.
Next classes are:
In Bellevue, take Bellevue-Redmond Road.
Turn South on 140th Ave NE. Take your first left onto NE 14th St. First left again into Rockwood Office Park. Follow signs to Building 1409.
When you visit, please plan to pay at time of service. I accept Master, Visa, and Discover charge cards including health savings debit cards.
I am an out-of-network provider. At time of service, I will provide documentation that you can submit to your insurance or your flexible spending acount (FSA) administrator.